The Acumatica 2019R2 Roadshow made quite an impression on the Chicago crowd this week. The Roadshow drew customers and prospects from Chicago, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio and Minnesota. There was great energy in the room and a lot of people eager to see Acumatica show off the latest features. Like we’ve mentioned before, the Acumatica releases are historically feature-rich and significant, so attending these release events is a lot of fun. Here are some of the highlights.
Acumatica 2019R2 Roadshow Perspective
Ajoy Krishnamoorthy, Acumatica’s VP of Platform and Technology, introduced the day by positioning Acumatica as a partner in digital transformation. Transformation is a process, moving from analog business habits, to modern technology and finally to a more digital business. Acumatica is the best path for transforming your business to thrive in the digital economy.
Why is that?
Acumatica distinguishes itself in a few ways:
- A Customer Bill of Rights
- This is a great list – it includes such rights as a customer’s right to access to THEIR data, anytime and the right to 99.5% uptime. Acumatica has also analyzed visits to the bill of rights webpage and found that numerous competitors have taken an interest in the page! Acumatica is such a leader in this area- they challenge other software publishers to offer the same thing.
- Growth-friendly licensing
- Acumatica’s licensing is also unique in that it is based on resource consumption rather than individual user access. There’s no more agonizing about how many external or sales users to “let” into the system, because there is no financial penalty to adding more users. This also removes business bottlenecks because everyone who needs to be involved can be involved.
- An open API
- Acumatica chose to join the Open API Initiative. Having an open API and being part of the Open API Initiative means that the code is vendor neutral, portable, and easier for complementary applications to interface with Acumatica. That is why there are so many apps that connect to Acumatica via the API. The Open API Initiative says, “APIs form the connecting glue between modern applications. Creating an open description format for API services that is vendor neutral, portable and open is critical to accelerating the vision of a truly connected world.”
Acumatica 2019R2 Roadshow Demo
It’s always difficult, when you have hundreds of pages of Release Notes, to decide which features to demonstrate. At the Acumatica 2019R2 Roadshow, the decision was to highlight a few features from these 3 areas: Usability, Financial Management and Technology.
- This release makes deployment quicker with its new Predefined User Roles. These roles are defined for specific financial positions. See the demo here.
- We also see some new improvements for conditional formatting for dashboard table widgets. Now you can see conditional formatting of dashboard data without having to drill through to the underlying data set. There’s also a demo for this!
- Users can now assign partial payment to an entire AP document or to individual document lines in various proportions. This was something that a few customers on the customer panel said they were most excited about.
- Corporate Credit Card support and reconciliation has been added – this is handled through the ‘Time and Expense” work area.
- New ability to embed a Pivot Table as a Dashboard Widget. Pivot tables save time by letting users quickly summarize large amounts of data.
- Expanded SMS Support means your Acumatica users can receive text messages related to business events. The Acumatica team did a great real-life example of handling a corporate expense of a taxi ride to the airport via mobile.
To see some more of the Acumatica 2019R2 Roadshow Release highlights, check out Acumatica’s release page.
Do you want to use some of these features to save time in your organization? Give us a call.