Acumatica Distribution Edition
The Distribution Edition of Acumatica has an incredible set of baked-in features that we haven’t seen in other competing ERP software products. It’s clear that Acumatica Distribution Edition is sensibly and thoughtfully designed.
With the Distribution Edition, you can:
- Access all your essential Acumatica data on any device: desktop, mobile or tablet.
- Keep customers satisfied by honoring commitment dates and communicating order status.
- Keep inventory data secure by restricting user access by warehouse.
- Manage costs by accurately tracking cost of goods sold.
- Reduce data entry errors by setting default values for GL accounts, item valuation methods, storage locations and sub-item values.
- Use built-in reports and robust drill-down capabilities to see detailed item history to help inform today’s decisions.
Distribution Edition includes robust capabilities for inventory management, purchase order automation, drop shipments, sales order management, handling return material authorizations, and integration with CRM.
With Acumatica Distribution edition, it’s easy to see real-time inventory statistics: quantities on hand, by warehouse, in transit, or on order. With accurate data, you can optimize warehouse space by having the right amount of inventory on hand at any time.
You have the freedom to value the inventory in multiple ways: FIFO, LIFO, standard cost, moving average and item-specific valuation methods are all valid. You can even have a different item valuation method for each item. With accurate costing, Acumatica can show profit per warehouse or business unit, giving you detailed information about how to improve specific areas of the business.
Inventory can be assigned to multiple warehouses, both virtual and physical. Inventory can automatically move from a central warehouse to satellite warehouses upon receipt.
Inventory can be tracked by lot or serial numbers, which can be applied automatically or manually when you receive or assemble items.It’s also possible to define types of inventory that belong to each location and set a picking priority when an order is created.
Purchase Order Management
Purchase Orders in Acumatica have built-in automations that minimize costs and help reduce data entry errors. For example, the process of generating a purchase order based on inventory levels all the way through invoicing for the sales order can be handled through rule-based automations. For example:
- Purchase Orders can be created automatically based on inventory levels. These can be sent to the vendor offering the best price and delivery times.
- Purchase Orders can specify a separate ship-to location for each line item.
- The system makes it easy to manage multiple Vendor-assigned item numbers for a single SKU in your inventory.
- You may create drop shipments manually – or automatically, by linking to a sales order from the PO.
- Determine landed cost and optionally distribute the landed cost across multiple items if needed.
- Reference an audit trail of who creates, approves and modifies Purchase Order transactions.
Sales Order Management
With the Acumatica Sales Order process, it’s easy to manage and automate many aspects of the sales order process. There are built-in workflows to create and ship orders. And it’s possible to both track pricing and receive notifications based on available inventory when entering orders. Sales Orders in Acumatica allow you to:
- Keep customers happy and manage complex discounts.
- Apply discounts as a percentage or an amount, and choose the best discount based on user discretion or a system-calculated “best discount option”.
- Consolidate multiple shipments into a single invoice either manually or automatically.
- Use returns to improve your business. Track RMA reason codes and see trends over time.
- Maintain good communication with customers. Notify them when an order status changes and when the order ships.
There is also native integration with Acumatica CRM. The sales team can convert a CRM opportunity into a sales order without having to re-key any item, price or discount information. Throughout the sales process, users can associate tasks and activities against opportunities and orders. This makes for a fully integrated experience for sales, management and customer service teams.
To learn more, visit Acumatica’s Distribution Edition page.